Monday 6 May 2013

Mum with a difference

Mmm Coloured up this Mum image and then couldnt find just the right background for it - so went for my old stand by BLACK... lol

Well it may be a bit unusual to have a black mothers day card but I have always been a black sheep... LOL - the colours look a bit washed out in the photo too... My butterfly was stamped on a snippet of vellum and is actually coloured with Twinkling H20's - my photography didnt pick it up and this is attempt #12 to capture it so I gave up
 
Materials Used: Mum stamp [borrowes from sister - cant remember the brand !?!], Kaisercraft Mini clear stamps butterfly, Tombows, Twinkling H20's on butterfly and sparkle black embossing pdr.
 
I am hopping over to the slippery dip at the Snippets Playground in Pixies Crafty Workshop with this one
 
Thanks for stopping by... Mxx

7 comments:

  1. Love how you've coloured the word Mum, I was going to say I've got a stamp like that!! The layout pops against the black and I like the leathergrain? texture in the base card Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card Maureen - it's fabulous, Perfect colours against the black, and I love the word stamp you used plus the butterfly. Must get my H20's out again - I'll shout if I need advice, you've got them cracked!

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I click to enlarge your photo, the shimmer looks fantastic, Mo, and I like the elements against the textured black background! Well done!! (Black sheep, eh? I noticed that sister just let that one slide ...!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I adore this very striking card. Looks good to me!

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card and if it is for your Mum then she is bound to love this card from her black sheep!! Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super snippet card - the word looks very striking against the black base card. Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning - looks great on the black background

    ReplyDelete