Tuesday 18 June 2013

Pink with a Snail

I made this Orange & brown floral card earlier in the year...
and it is sitting in my basket at work when one of my workmates spies it and says -
"Oooh I love this card - can you make me one for my Mum's Birthday?"
Of course I say - what is her favourite colour?
"Well I really like the black and the texture but can you do the flowers in hot pink?"
Yep no worries...
"And do you have a snail?"
Um no I don't think I have a snail stamp - but I'll check..
"Cos that's my nickname and I want Mum to see it's from me when she looks at the card..."
OK - I'll check and if I don't I'll see what I can do...
"And she loves pearls..."
I can use pearls in the flower centres... how old will she be?
"65 can you put that on there? That'll personalise it a bit won't it?"
Yep - no worries at all - so Black with texture - hot pink flowers, pearls, 65, and happy birthday with a snail on the front... I'll get that sorted for you...
"And can you write all the stuff on the inside?"
What do you want inside?
"Dear Mum... "
No - I don't do that - but you can type it up on the computer and print it out... andwe can put it in...
"No - that's OK - I'll do it - but can you put have a fabulous birthday inside - like the one on that other card?"
Yep - no worries..
"And can you make the paper inside pink?"
OK - all good....

Here is the result...
 
I hope she likes it!!
Cant see anyone else wanting a snail in the corner of a birthday card for a  65 year old lady ... LOL
 
Materials used: Silk & Paper flowers, pearls, stickers and cardstock from stash. Stampin Up Argyle ef and snail stamp, Label coloured with H20's.
 
I even found a site to link up with - Fab 'n' Funky Challenges #175 - Birthday.
 
Thanks for stopping by... Mxx
 
 







5 comments:

  1. AWESOME - that is brilliant. She didn't want much did she ??? hahahaha LoL
    I like the partially munched flower :-)
    Hugz
    IKE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sniggering here - did you ask it she'd like some gold plating thrown in :) Beautiful result and I do so agree, the nibbled flower is a brilliant touch!

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great result for what sounds like a very exacting customer. Hope she liked it. Thanks for sharing with us at Fab n Funky this week.

    Alli D GD Fab n Funky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Mo, well done on the customizing!! Fantastic card :) Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am WAY behind in my visits to you, Maureen, and I've scrolled and enjoyed and scrolled and enjoyed! I had to stop here and let you know how much I enjoyed your recounting of the order you took for this fab card! I had a grand belly laugh over the whole thing. People are toooo funny, aren't they?! You gave your customer every little (and a lot of it) thing her heart desired in a brilliant layout ... but that nibbled flower and the snail sauntering away! LOLOLOLOL!! Well done!!

    ReplyDelete